iPhone

Louis K said it very well....you don’t like your phone...you say it sucks....you are able to talk to someone a thousand miles away and see their face, on a device you can put in your pocket. Really?!? Built it yourself then. I remember the first time I saw it. It's the iPhone.

I’ve had a cell phone for decades, from the small stubby kind, to the Star Trek flip, to the original pencil screen display of the Palm and the iPaq. But when I swiped my finger and it responded, it spoke to me. When I touched an icon and all of my music came to life....when I realized it wasn’t just about sending the message but the actual experience of writing it and having my phone correct my bad spelling, of suggesting immediate hyperlinks....when I was able to capture my child’s first steps and I was miles away when she went to school but I was right there. I’ve loved each version as it grew with me, the rounded corners that my fingers cradled, the block that was thin ( at the time) yet felt so sturdy, when it expanded and I was worried it was too big but it became an extension of everything I did. 

We’ve been through so many things together --- I know that sounds really stupid. 

It’s a phone, dummy. But it’s so much more than that. It’s my camera, my captured of moments, the paper I write thoughts on, the books I read, the band I put on when I want to escape, the console I need when I want to play, my movie screen, my navigation that sometimes takes me places I didn’t want to go, my companion through it all. 

Can it be better? Of course it can.

Can't wait for November 3rd.




Comments

Post a Comment